Mom was going away for the weekend. And she did what she usually does before she leaves….stuff the fridge with ‘customized’ eatables so that that her darling babykins ( a.k.a my middle brother) does not starve. He is a non vegetarian by religion and eating vegetables is against his religious and personal principles. And since the cook doesn’t make continental food, mom cooked and stuffed the fridge with various continental delicacies and left a note on the fridge, to reinforce some instructions given to his deaf ears earlier in the day.
1. Do not leave empty dishes in the fridge. Put them to wash.
2. If there is little food left in the dish, transfer to a smaller dish and put the dish for washing.
3. Put the dish for washing in the sink.
4. Do not give the dogs pasta or I will make kanji for you next time.
5. The coleslaw is in the orange tiffin. To be used for burgers and rolls only. Do not use as dip.
6. There is buns and rolls in the cupboard. Do not eat plain sausages.
7. Drink water.
8. I have boiled veggies to go with your pasta.
9. Make sure you eat the veggies with the pasta.
After mom had left we i.e. me, dad and my eldest brother looked at the scribbled instructions and then looked around to see if the coast was clear and added another point at the bottom.
10. Make sure you take a spoon of Sat Isabgol (laxative) every night.
Precious prince is looking all befuddled and confused at the message and grumbles about the tasteless Sat Isabgol which he has to take every night on mommykins orders.
We are having a hard time keeping a straight face.
We have also decided that we will not clear the empty dishes from the fridge and the maid has been threatened with a painful death if she dares remove them. We are hoping that when mommykins comes and beholds the fridge, she will hopefully whack sonnykins ears or maybe slap him about or perhaps give him a thrashing with the broom. Of course, nothing of that sort will happen. But the thought is soooo nice.
Have a nice week folks.