Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sense and over sensibility

Mohapatra (not his real name), our Procurement Manager, was sitting in the cafeteria, trying to open a small bottle of Nimbooz. The bottle cap just wouldn't turn. The boss walked in and took a chair at Mohapatra’s table and said conversationally. “What Mohapatra, you cannot even open a small bottle!!”

Mohapatra stopped his struggle with the bottle, stared at the Boss from behind soda glasses and said, “You think I cannot open this bottle!! I can pick this table up with one hand!!”

“I am sure you can,” said the Boss trying to change the subject realizing that Mohapatra had not understood the friendly jibe. But it was too late.

“I was wrestling champion in school you know!” continued Mohapatra. “I won the trophy every year.”

“That’s great” said the Boss looking a little wary. He got up.

“Sit down.” said Mohaptra pulling him down to the chair.

“This cap is fused with the bottle” said Mohapotra holding up the bottle. “Otherwise I would have opened it just like that!!’

“I am sure you could have. I was joking Patra...” said the Boss getting up again.

“Sit…” said Mohaptra gesturing to the chair. The Boss sat down resignedly and looked around for help. But we were too busy snickering to be of any help.

“You think I am weak?” asked Mohaptra leaning forward and looking intently at the Boss.

“No Patra. I was just pulling your leg….” trailed the Boss helplessly.

“I challenge you to a match of wrestling!” said Mohaptra staring at the Boss without taking his eyes off his face.

“I am sure you will win heh heh” laughed the Boss nervously.

“I will win and show you!” said Mohapatra wagging his finger.

“Err no need of all that. I am sure you are a champ…” said the Boss edging slowly off his seat.

“Don’t ever doubt me again Boss.” said Mohapatra shaking his head shaking his head from side to side.

“I won’t” said the Boss relieved that the standoff was coming to an end.

“Yes, you shouldn’t!” said Mohapatra looking satisfied.

“See you then....” said the Boss getting up and walking way quickly.

“Boss!” called Mohapatra.

The Boss stopped, looked around warily and queried gingerly “Yes?”

“Can you open this bottle for me?” said Mohapotra thrusting the Nimbooz bottle at him.

We were too busy rolling on the floor laughing to see what happened next. But the group at the other table saw the Boss open the bottle, keep it on the table without a word and walk away.

Mohapatra picked up the bottle and drank nonchalantly like nothing had happened.

20 comments:

Sriram said...

(possibly) first :D Haha quickie of a LOL post! Gud one :)

scorpiogenius said...

The boss will remember this. lol, i hope your gymkhana man didn't rub the boss the wrong way hehehehee...

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

Oh my god, oh my god, i call this the perfect stress buster :-) wid exams tomorrow, the wisest thing i've done today must be 'havin read this one' :-)

Nona said...

:) Finally, Mr (Moha)Pat(ra) figured out a way to open the bottle!

Pink Mango Tree said...

Wow... hilarious! I am reminded of Mohanlal and Jagathy! :P

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... ROFL... Howlarious.. Soooper post wonleee.. :D

One Weird Guy said...

true lol-er....

RGB said...

Too busy ROFL, to think of anything worthwhile to post as comment :))

Prasanna said...

Seriously, I am now happy that there is a person like Mohpatra in every office like we have one.. Cant stop laughing at the last part.. :)
Prasanna
http://annasarp.wordpress.com

Meety said...

LOL!!! that was a good doze of medicine for my monday blues :)

The Holy Lama said...

Wonderful time pass:D

zayan said...

:).. Where did the section with the links to the latest interesting blog articles go?

muks said...

lol...:D...I must say Mr. Mohapatra is very intelligent person who can terrorize the boss and made him open his bottle :P!!...Good trick !!

PK said...

Good one as usual!

Jyothi said...

Nice one.... :)

Destiny's child said...

Lol..u have some interesting characters in your office!

Kannan said...

freaking awesome..

sharmila said...

Too good ... :)

got here from indiblogger.

silverine said...

Sriram: Thank you! :)

Scorpiogenius: Gymkhana man, that was a good one. :p

k.o.c.h.u: Thank you!!! :)

Nona: :D Indeed!

$$: :)

Deepak; Thanks buddy! :)

OWG: Thank you! :)

RGB: Thank girl! :)

Prasanna: Oh I see. So patra is not unique to our office! :))

Sigma: Thank you dear! :) Glad I could help.

The Holy Lama: Thank you O Holy One! :)

Zayan: Removed it.

Muks: :) He is indeed!

P.K: Thank you! :)

Jyoti: Thank you for dropping by! :)

Destiny's Child (DC): I finally get your name right! :) We do have some interesting characters!

Kannan: Thank you Sir! :)

Sharmilla: Thank you for dropping by. You are an amazing photographer. Tweeted a photo of yours! :)

Aniket Thakkar said...

Could his real name be R.S. Bagga by any chance? I've been seeing this poster of "R.S.Bagga ka khula Chalange" of kushti for over 15 yrs now. Seems like no one ever bothered to chalange him, or he is one hellua fighter.

Probably your guy and my guy should meet. :) The above sentence doesn't sound ok to the ears does it? English was always a funny language.